Tree @master (Download .tar.gz)
Quickstart guide for toast
toast provides an ease of access layer to BurntToast native Windows notifications.
Installing from Source
To install from source, first clone the repository:
git clone git://git.eclecticmedia.space/public/toast.git; cd toast
Then, with python3 and pip installed, install the directory with:
python3 -m pip install .
Note: You may need to install the BurntToast_ powershell executable. To do so, run "Install-Module -Name BurntToast" (with administrator privilleges)
First and foremost, the package provides a simple python API for notification scripting:
>>> from toast import toast >>> toast(body='my message body', >>> title='my optional title') # notification spawns
It also provides a simple Click CLI based command line interface. It can be used by simply using:
$ toast 'my message body' -t 'my optional title' # notification spawns
A Note about Compatibility
It should be noted that this package is initially developed for the Windows Subsystem Layer for Linux, and may have mixed results on native Windows python interpreters. By design, the package only requires that BurntToast be on the system path, and callable from the command line with $ burnttoast.exe. Feel free to submit a bug report to email@example.com if you encounter issues. While untested under Windows proper, it should run without issue.
Contributing to the Project
We expect to use a git native workflow. Fork the repository, host your fork publicly, and notify the development team that you have changes you would like to merge.
To do so, add our repository as your upstream:
git remote add upstream git://git.eclecticmedia.space/public/toast.git
Obtain request-pull text:
git request-pull upstream/master origin
Send that output to the maintainers at firstname.lastname@example.org, where the subject line starts with "PR: ".
Commit History @master
- Updated the README pull/contribution instructions Ariana Giroux 1 year, 5 months ago
- Added a usage section to the README Ariana Giroux 1 year, 6 months ago
- Updated the README and added a LICENSE Ariana Giroux 1 year, 6 months ago
- Removed setup.py sphinx stuff for easier pip Ariana Giroux 1 year, 9 months ago
- Updated repo location within Readme Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Added contribution guidelines Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Updated version tag Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Bugfixes for shell escaping Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Made text passed from user escaped by shlex.quote Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Added an init file f/ tests to add toast src dir to path Ariana Giroux 2 years ago