Tree @doc-update (Download .tar.gz)
Web browser targetting voice I/O.
See CONTRIBUTING.md for instructions on how to help the project.
Rhapsode will read a webpage out loud to you according to some special CSS properties. Arrow key navigation will be supported for navigation between headings, paragraphs, and table cells.
Links (defined generally enough to include
<audio>, etc) will be indicated via
a special beep for the user to repeat one back (via microphone or keyboard) at
any time in order to navigate between pages. Rhapsode will start reading from
<main> element if present.
Forms will be rendered as ordinary elements and be navigated to as a link. Once navigated to you will be prompted to fill each input of the form in turn before reviewing/correcting your submission before sending it.
Because I want The Web to be "universal", for browsers to have the slack they need to present it however best suits their users and the devices they use. Rhapsode demonstrates HTML/CSS's capabilities this way.
See the wiki for webdev documentation.
cabal-install. (Debian package names listed here)
- Install the C libraries
- TODO any others?
- (OPTIONAL) Add
~/.cabal/bin/to your path if it isn't already.
- Run Rhapsode with
cabal run https://example.com/ | espeak-ng -mb1, where "https://example.com/" can/should be replaced any valid URL. Or if you followed step 3, you can replace "cabal run" with "rhapsode".
Commit History @doc-update
- Added initial CSS API docs to CSS-Speech-Tutorial Ariana Giroux 5 months ago
- Update & Fix grammar throughout docs files Ariana Giroux 5 months ago
- Release Rhapsode2! Adrian Cochrane 6 months ago
- Add support for <form title>/<form alt> Adrian Cochrane 6 months ago
- Clarify installation instructions based on testing/feedback. Adrian Cochrane 6 months ago
- Improve fallbacks for missing markers. Adrian Cochrane 6 months ago
- Don't let marks interfer with silence collapsing. Adrian Cochrane 6 months ago
- Make '#' refer to top of page. Adrian Cochrane 6 months ago
- Draft SpeechD integration. Adrian Cochrane 6 months ago
- Implement table navigation. Adrian Cochrane 6 months ago