Tree @master (Download .tar.gz)
Web browser targetting voice I/O.
See CONTRIBUTING.md for instructions on how to help the project.
Rhapsode will read a webpage outloud to you according to some special CSS properties. Arrow key navigation will be supported for navigation between headings, paragraphs, and table cells.
Links (defined generally enough to include
<audio>, etc) will be indicated via
a special beep for the user to repeat one back (via microphone or keyboard) at
any time in order to navigate between pages. Rhapsode will start reading from
<main> element if present.
Forms will be rendered as ordinary elements and be navigated to as a link. Once navigated to you will be prompted to fill each input of the form in turn before reviewing/correcting your submission before sending it.
Because I want The Web to be "universal", for browsers to have the slack they need to present it however best suits their users and the devices they use. Rhapsode demonstrates HTML/CSS's capabilities this way.
See the wiki for webdev documentation.
cabal-install. (Debian package names listed here)
- Install the C libraries
- TODO any others?
- (OPTIONAL) Add
~/.cabal/bin/to your path if it isn't already.
- Run Rhapsode with
cabal run https://example.com/ | espeak-ng -mb1, where "https://example.com/" can/should be replaced any valid URL. Or if you followed step 3, you can replace "cabal run" with "rhapsode".
Commit History @master
- Release Rhapsode2! Adrian Cochrane 2 months ago
- Add support for <form title>/<form alt> Adrian Cochrane 2 months ago
- Clarify installation instructions based on testing/feedback. Adrian Cochrane 2 months ago
- Improve fallbacks for missing markers. Adrian Cochrane 2 months ago
- Don't let marks interfer with silence collapsing. Adrian Cochrane 2 months ago
- Make '#' refer to top of page. Adrian Cochrane 2 months ago
- Draft SpeechD integration. Adrian Cochrane 2 months ago
- Implement table navigation. Adrian Cochrane 2 months ago
- Spanish useragent stylesheet localizations. Adrian Cochrane 2 months ago
- Add arrow key navigation inside pages. Adrian Cochrane 2 months ago