Tree @V0.9b1 (Download .tar.gz)
Pingstats, a simple CLI based ping visualization script
This script provides a very simple CLI based ping visualization script by utilizing hipster plot.
This project is a much simplified version of PingStats, a project of mine that went from being useful (i.e, the functionality of this script) to an over complicated mess of spaghetti code. That software provides GUI based plotting, as well as CSV based logging of ping data over time.
Installation has been made easy on any Unix based system that implements pip3.
pip3 install pingstats
For versions previous to V0.4.3, manual install must be used. All versions aside from V0.1 can be installed by cloning the repository and recreating the install script manually.
This software was implemented with simplicity in mind, and only provides one point of access:
Examples of software in use
In this image, we can see two separate outputs. The top display is a display of the most recent actual return times, whereas the bottom display is the average return time for each sequence.
This display automatically scales to whatever window you have open, adding more lines and columns as necessary.
Running the tests
To run the tests, clone the repository:
git clone https://gitlab.com/eclectickmediasolutions/pingstats.git
Then simply run:
python3 setup.py test
Commit History @V0.9b1
- Re-implemented pingstats._run for legacy support Ariana Giroux 1 year, 9 months ago
- Finished implementing tests f/ logic Ariana Giroux 1 year, 9 months ago
- Added deprecated calls to pingstats._run Ariana Giroux 1 year, 9 months ago
- Re-implemented pingstats.get_pings Ariana Giroux 1 year, 9 months ago
- Made pingstats.Pings object data names sane Ariana Giroux 1 year, 9 months ago
- Updated global scale values to better scale ui Ariana Giroux 1 year, 9 months ago
- Added tests for new pings object Ariana Giroux 1 year, 9 months ago
- Made pingstats.get_pings modular Ariana Giroux 1 year, 9 months ago
- Fixed distultils binary pointer Ariana Giroux 1 year, 11 months ago
- Re-implement list constructors, rename args Ariana Giroux 1 year, 11 months ago