Tree @V0.7 (Download .tar.gz)
Pingstats, a simple CLI based ping visualization script
This script provides a very simple CLI based ping visualization script by utilizing hipster plot.
This project is a much simplified version of PingStats, a project of mine that went from being useful (i.e, the functionality of this script) to an over complicated mess of spaghetti code. That software provides GUI based plotting, as well as CSV based logging of ping data over time.
Installation has been made easy on any Unix based system that implements pip3.
pip3 install pingstats
For versions previous to V0.4.3, manual install must be used. All versions aside from V0.1 can be installed by cloning the repository and recreating the install script manually.
This software was implemented with simplicity in mind, and only provides one point of access:
Examples of software in use
In this image, we can see two separate outputs. The top display is a display of the most recent actual return times, whereas the bottom display is the average return time for each sequence.
This display automatically scales to whatever window you have open, adding more lines and columns as necessary.
Running the tests
To run the tests, clone the repository:
git clone https://gitlab.com/eclectickmediasolutions/pingstats.git
Then simply run:
python3 setup.py test
Commit History @V0.7
- Added a more sane access approach Ariana Giroux 1 year, 11 months ago
- Replace _get_tty with stdlib get_terminal_size Ariana Giroux 1 year, 11 months ago
- Fixed versioning Ariana Giroux 1 year, 11 months ago
- Removed errant print statements Ariana Giroux 1 year, 11 months ago
- Updated to version 0.6 Ariana Giroux 1 year, 11 months ago
- Added nt safe Popen mechanics, nt ping grepping Ariana Giroux 1 year, 11 months ago
- Made getpings handle nt search constraints Ariana Giroux 1 year, 11 months ago
- Graduate V0.5b3 to V0.5, add changelog Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Added tests instructions, updated readme image Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Added setup.cfg alias for pytest Ariana Giroux 2 years ago