Tree @V0.5b3 (Download .tar.gz)
Pingstats, a simple CLI based ping visualization script
This script provides a very simple CLI based ping visualization script by utilizing hipster plot.
This project is a much simplified version of PingStats, a project of mine that went from being useful (i.e, the functionality of this script) to an over complicated mess of spaghetti code. That software provides GUI based plotting, as well as CSV based logging of ping data over time.
Installation has been made easy on any Unix based system that implements pip3.
pip3 install pingstats
For versions previous to V0.4.3, manual install must be used. All versions aside from V0.1 can be installed by cloning the repository and recreating the install script manually.
This software was implemented with simplicity in mind, and only provides one point of access:
Examples of software in use
In this image, we can see two separate outputs. The top display is a display of the most recent actual return times, whereas the bottom display is the average return time for each sequence.
This display automatically scales to whatever window you have open, adding more lines and columns as necessary.
Running the tests
To run the tests, clone the repository:
git clone https://gitlab.com/eclectickmediasolutions/pingstats.git
Then simply run:
python3 setup.py test
Commit History @V0.5b3
- Added tests instructions, updated readme image Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Added setup.cfg alias for pytest Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Merge branch 'tests' Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Added version to middle line Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Wrote some basic tests Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Made setup.py call pytest Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Updated the way pypi gets version number Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Updated Authors Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Docs now reference new functionality, version Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Fixed some display bugs from V0.5b2 Ariana Giroux 2 years ago