Tree @V0.5b2 (Download .tar.gz)
Pingstats, a simple CLI based ping visualization script
This script provides a very simple CLI based ping visualization script by utilizing hipster plot.
This project is a much simplified version of PingStats, a project of mine that went from being useful (i.e, the functionality of this script) to an over complicated mess of spaghetti code. That software provides GUI based plotting, as well as CSV based logging of ping data over time.
Installation has been made easy on any Unix based system that implements pip3.
$ pip3 install pingstats
For versions previous to V0.4.3, manual install must be used. All versions aside from V0.1 can be installed by cloning the repository and recreating the install script manually.
This software was implemented with simplicity in mind, and only provides one point of access:
$ pingstats google.ca
EXAMPLES OF SOFTWARE IN USE
In this image, we can see two separate outputs. The top display is a display of the most recent actual return times, whereas the bottom display is the average return time for each sequence.
This display automatically scales to whatever window you have open, adding more lines and columns as necessary.
Commit History @V0.5b2
- Updated Authors Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Docs now reference new functionality, version Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Fixed some display bugs from V0.5b2 Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Made software display additional plot with average Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Changed hipsterplot dependency behaviour, fits pip Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Updated README for legacy install instructions Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Updated documentation, fixed packaging bugs Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Made setup grab readme Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Updated install instructions for pip Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Added classifiers for pypi Ariana Giroux 2 years ago