Tree @V0.4.2 (Download .tar.gz)
Pingstats, a simple CLI based ping visualization script
This script provides a very simple CLI based ping visualization script by utilizing hipster plot.
This project is a much simplified version of PingStats, a project of mine that went from being useful (i.e, the functionality of this script) to an over complicated mess of spaghetti code. That software provides GUI based plotting, as well as CSV based logging of ping data over time.
Installation has been made easy on any Unix based system that implements pip3.
$ pip3 install pingstats
This software was implemented with simplicity in mind, and only provides one point of access:
$ pingstats google.ca
EXAMPLES OF SOFTWARE IN USE
In this image, we can see a ping readout from google.ca. The Y axis is mapped to packet return time, and the X axis is mapped to the ICMP sequence number.
This display automatically scales to whatever window you have open, adding more lines and columns as necessary.
Commit History @V0.4.2
- Updated documentation, fixed packaging bugs Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Made setup grab readme Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Updated install instructions for pip Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Added classifiers for pypi Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Merge branch 'master' of gitlab.com:EclectickMediaSolutions/pingstats Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Updated setup and authors to 0.4 Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Added a status bar Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Fixed UI scaling to better fit terminals Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Made script actually display lost packets Ariana Giroux 2 years ago
- Scaled down total packets displayed, fixed bug Ariana Giroux 2 years ago